Reasons why you should come to my booksigning in Salem tomorrow.
- The book, Sparks, is an amazing anthology of Young Adult fiction by some phenomenal writers. I haven’t read all the stories yet, but the ones I have? They will blow you away.
- It’s not just my booksigning—four of the authors will be there. That’s a lot of bang for your buck (and signatures in your book)!
- Author signings are an exercise in humiliation (I have stories) (personal stories).* So your presence gives you two options: (a) lessen my humiliation or (b) stand in the corner and witness my humiliation and giggle. Your choice.
- The book is a limited edition pre-release available only at this signing! So you will get a collector’s item!
- Boooooks! So many books!
- Reading is sexy!
- There will be cookies.
- I will probably wear something more formal than a Styx T-shirt.
- I might even wear makeup.
- Support local bookstores! Wooh!
- Did I mention how wonderful and positive and empowering the stories in this book are?
- And that I’ll be signing with authors Leslie Claire Walker, Kim May, and Sharon Joss?
- Plus, cookies!
Reader’s Guide Bookstore
735 Edgewater St. NW, Salem
*Like, the time the only person who talked to me was a homeless guy. Who was not interested in my book. Or the time I sold one whole book…to two people who were going to share it. (Don’t get me wrong: I’m very happy they bought my book and I’m very, very happy when someone reads my book by any means possible, including borrowing from a friend and libraries, because my ultimate goal is to share my work with others. It was just that this was a huge signing with hundreds of readers…) Or the time my books didn’t show up. (Okay, that wasn’t humiliating, just kinda sad.) Or…